Colostem™ supports and activate the natural stem cell population in the body. A colostrum based product with 3 key ingredients:
- Alpha Lipid™ Colostrum 400mg
- Brown seaweed 40mg (containing Fucoidan)
- Resveratrol 25mg
Bottle of 60 Capsules. Take 1-2 capsules daily
ALPHA LIPID™ COLOSTRUM
Alpha Lipid™ colostrum is a natural source of antibodies and contains bioactive compounds that activate immune cells, including cytokines, interferons, interleukins, growth factors and proline rich polypeptides (PRP). Colostem™ capsules has 400mg of selected Alpha Lipid™ colostrum to boost immunity. Human growth hormone (HGH), insulin-like growth factors (GF-1 and GF2), epidermal growth factor (EGF), platelet derived growth factor, fibroblast growth factor and granulocyte colony stimulating factor are some of the growth factors included in Colostem™ colostrum. Some of these growth factors have been shown to stimulate stem cell proliferation.
Fucoidan is a sulfated polysaccharide extracted from brown seaweed, used as a health food in Asia and the Pacific for over 2000 years and the subject of over 700 published research studies.
Benefits of fucoidan are:
- Defends against degenerative diseases.
- An anti-oxidant protecting against premature aging.
- Anti-coagulant effect.
- Inhibits abnormal cell growth.
- Normalises blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Improves stomach upsets
- Supports immune function.
- Induces rapid mobilisation of stem cells in the body.
Naturally produced in several plants, resveratrol provides a defense against attack by bacteria or fungi in these plants. Resveratrol is sources from red grape skins and Japanese knotwood. Studies on rats and mice have shown that it is a longevity ingredient with anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, blood-sugar-lowering benefits as well as having beneficial cardiovascular effects.
Benefits of resveratrol are:
- Mimics the effects of calorie restriction (which has been shown to prolong life span and promote anti-aging and prolong life-span).
- French researchers have suggested it may help control weight gain by enhancing energy expenditure, and
- Help prevent degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, as these are age related.
- Supports blood vessel health, decrease oxidation of LDL, platelet aggregation and relaxes arterioles.
- Protects the chondrocyte cells in cartilage, which are derived from bone marrow stem cells.
- Promotes the differentiation of osteoblasts (bone cells).
- Shown to enrich stem cells in vitro.
Why focus on adult stem cells?
Adult stem cell therapy is one of the fastest growing areas of regenerative medicine, with therapeutic treatments of stem cell injections given to people to overcome degenerative diseases. Adult stem cells circulate naturally in the body and are different from embryonic stem cells which are only derived from an embryo. These adult stem cells are undifferentiated cells that divide and multiply to regenerate damage tissue and replenish dying cells. Adult stem cells can potentially divide without limit and thus the most powerful anti-aging mechanism known today, proving an endless source of cell regeneration. Recent research (Dr Mark Cregan, University of Western Australia) has shown that breast milk contains stem cells. The fact that colostrum contains factors that activate stem cells and boost the immunity, would suggest that colostrum may play a very important role in healthy growth and development.
> DOWNLOAD Colostem™ BROCHURE (~1Mb PDF)
- Aggarwal BB, Bhardwaj A, Aggarwal RS, Seeram NP, Shishodia S, Takada Y. Role of resveratrol in prevention and therapy of cancer: preclinical and clinical studies. Anticancer research. 2004;24(5A):2783-840. (Full PDF article)
- Boissy P, Andersen TL, Abdallah BM, Kassem M, Plesner T, Delaiss� JM. Resveratrol inhibits myeloma cell growth, prevents osteoclast formation, and promotes osteoblast differentiation. Cancer research. 2005 Nov;65(21):9943-52.
- Erdman, Christopher Pau,Enrichment of Adipose-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Using Resveratrol. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009
- Irhimeh MR, Fitton JH, Lowenthal RM. Fucoidan ingestion increases the expression of CXCR4 on human CD34+ cells. Experimental hematology. 2007 Jun;35(6):989-94.
- Lei M, Liu SQ, Liu YL. Resveratrol protects bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell derived chondrocytes cultured on chitosan-gelatin scaffolds from the inhibitory effect of interleukin-1beta. Acta pharmacologica Sinica. 2008 Nov;29(11):1350-6.